After yesterday’s super intricate, let’s use all of our kitchen tools and bowls recipe, here is one that is also quite healthy and super, super easy. The dark chocolate only adds 5 grams of sugar to the recipe and is a great source of antioxidants, the fruit provides fiber and micronutrients, and the almonds also provide micronutrients while giving you some fat for fullness and protein to stabilize blood sugar. This is a nice “treat” that is a good alternative to other things I might consider grabbing late at night.
Easy Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Almonds (GF, vegan, high protein)
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (85%+ cocoa). I like Green & Black’s.
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced in half (or other fruit of your choice)
- 1/4 cup raw almonds (or other raw nut of your choice)
- Heat your dark chocolate in the microwave (or double boiler if you like dishes). If using microwave, go 20 seconds at a time so the chocolate does not burn
- Place your fruit and nuts on a cooking tray covered by a sheet of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- When melted through, drizzle using a spoon or spatula over the nuts and fruit
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, until chocolate is set
That’s it! Enjoy.