Here’s a quick recipe that is a vegan, whole grain, soy free take on Martha Stewart’s Basic Pancake Recipe. These are are nutritious, fluffy, tasty, easy, and a crowd pleaser. This is a pretty big batch (serving 6-8). I like to make more than I need and freeze the rest for busy mornings.
Easy Vegan Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or other whole grain flour of your choice)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp molasses, maple syrup, or brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flax plus 1/4 cup warm water, let stand 5 mins)
- 2 cups rice milk (or similar, not soymilk with carageenan)
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted (or similar oil)
- Fruit toppings of your choice
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Combine rice milk and flax eggs.
- Combine wet and dry, when just mixed, add in your coconut oil.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour over hot non-stick skillet and spread slightly with the bottom of the cup measure to ensure they are relatively flat and even. When the are bubbling on the top, flip over and cook until both sides are brown and crisp.
- Serve warm with vegan butter and fruit!