So, last night I was looking at a can of pumpkin that I had purchased some weeks ago with the idea of making bread, but that never happened and then WOOSH I thought of actually not the recipe that I ended up making at all. Sometimes things change mid-stream.
Anyway, this is an easy pumpkin “custard” that is yummy as an add on to breakfast, a snack, or a dessert. We ate ours with oatmeal and it was applauded so raucously by the 1 year old that I had to scrape pumpkin off of the walls.
Seriously easy breakfast Pumpkin custard
- 1 can pumpkin puree (I am old school and like One-Pie)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- To taste: Honey or preferred sweetener
- To taste: Cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, mace, ginger, and cardamom.
- Dash of salt
- Mix well, let refrigerate overnight
- Serve cold or warm the next morning with a grain such as granola, oatmeal, toast. Enjoy!